Part-time Faculty: Economics
- Mentor, Ohio
- Faculty - Part Time Positions
Lakeland Community College invites qualified candidates to submit their application to teach ECON 1150 – Basic Economics at Mentor High School, a Lakeland College Credit Plus partner.
Fall Semester: 8/26/23 - 12/15/23.
Course: ECON 1150 – Basic Economics (3 units of load) at Mentor High School
Course Description: This course provides an introduction to basic economics and its implications for economic problems and policies. The course aids students in the development of the understanding of the American economic system.
Course Time: Mentor High School (6477 Center St. Mentor OH 44060):
- MTRF from 8:15 – 9:08 and on Wednesday the class is scheduled from 8:47 – 9:30.
- Required: master’s degree and 18 graduate credit hours in the discipline (either as part of the degree or additional work beyond the degree)
- Preferred: master’s degree in the discipline and experience teaching college-level courses at a community college.
COMPENSATION: Part-time faculty earn $792/unit of load. Please see Benefits for Adjunct Faculty for a description of other benefits.
Select 'Apply Now' below. Your application materials will be kept on file and reviewed on an as-needed basis. Please be prepared to do the following:
- Complete all questions in the application*
- Attach a cover letter and current resume
- Submit unofficial transcripts
*To avoid difficulties when submitting your application, be sure your web browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) is updated to the latest version and allow yourself sufficient time to complete the application since you WILL NOT be able to save a partially completed application and work on it later.
Lakeland Community College is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Lakeland Community College is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If your disability requires special accommodation to participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human Resources Office at 440-525-7555.