Assistant Coach - Women's Basketball
- Kirtland, Ohio, United States
- Part-time Seasonal
ASSISTANT COACH: WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
This position is responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Basketball Coach in the oversight and administration of the College’s Women’s Basketball program.
- Works with the head coach and other coaches to assist with practices.
- Coordinates with head coach to monitor athletic eligibility; assists with player support.
- Attends department meetings and functions as requested.
- Scouts opponents and prepares scouting assignments.
- Assists in the recruitment of future squad members.
- Develops working relationships with all athletic department personnel.
- Transports team to games/events as assigned by athletic director.
- Complies with policies and procedures of the Lake County Community College district.
A. Education/Training and Experience Required/Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years of successful basketball coaching experience at the high school, club or college level is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of the sport and demonstrate an interest in and an aptitude for performing the tasks.
B. Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Knowledge of the rules of the sport; basic equipment, methods and supplies; NJCAA rules and regulations; safety methods and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with students, athletes, recruits, coaches, college personnel, alumni, and other external constituents of the college required.
- Skills in completing tasks as assigned under the direction of the coach.
- Abilities to learn and properly apply departmental policies/procedures and association rules; motivate, coach, and model appearance and behavior; work independently; establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships.
- Ability to maintain professional attitude and demeanor in difficult situations.
- Current training in First-Aid and CPR preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and a driving record which qualifies the driver under the College’s insurance program are required.
C. Physical Activity Level
- Some sitting; mostly standing and walking throughout the course of the day.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part-time, limited-term, renewable assignment. The College does not commit to continued employment beyond the initial season.
COMPENSATION: $5,058 per season.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply through the college’s website and attach a cover letter, and resume. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Lakeland Community College is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Lakeland Community College is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If your disability requires special accommodation to participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human Resources Office at 440-525-7555.
***TO AVOID DIFFICULTIES WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, BE SURE THAT YOUR WEB BROWSER (E.G., GOOGLE CHROME, FIREFOX, INTERNET EXPLORER) IS UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION. ONCE YOU BEGIN TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE AND WORK ON IT LATER. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TIME TO COMPLETE APPLICATION IN ONE SITTING***