Assistant Women's Softball Coach
- Kirtland, Ohio, United States
- Part-time Seasonal
Assistant Women’s Softball Coach
This position is responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Softball Coach in the oversight and administration of the College’s softball program.
- Works with the head coach and other coaches to assist with practices, including Fall and preseason preparation, and game day coaching.
- Prepare and develop pitching staff.
- Coordinates with head coach to monitor athletic eligibility, including academic progress of athletes; assists in player support.
- Assists with recruitment of student-athletes.
- Scouts opponents and prepares scouting assignments as assigned.
- Assist with team fundraising activities.
- Develops working relationships with all athletic department personnel; attends department meetings and functions as requested.
- Complies with policies and procedures of the Lake County Community College district.
A. Education/Training and Experience Required/Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of successful softball coaching experience at the high school, club or college level is required.
- Pitching coaching experience preferred.
- Experience competing at collegiate level preferred.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required/Preferred
- Ability to objectively evaluate skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate softball required.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance.
- Knowledge of the rules of softball and the abilities to teach critical softball skills and demonstrate softball techniques; knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required; ability to effectively communicate with students, athletes, recruits, coaches, college personnel, alumni, and other external constituents of the college required.
- Ability to maintain professional attitude and demeanor in difficult situations; ability to multi-task.
- Current training in First-Aid and CPR preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and a driving record which qualifies the driver under the College’s insurance program are required.
C. Physical Activity Level
- Some sitting; mostly standing and walking throughout the course of the day. Must be able to demonstrate softball related techniques.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a part-time, limited-term, renewable assignment. The College does not commit to continued employment beyond the initial season.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply through the college’s website.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
***TO AVOID DIFFICULTIES WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, BE SURE THAT YOUR WEB BROWSER (E.G., GOOGLE CHROME, FIREFOX, INTERNET EXPLORER) IS UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION. ONCE YOU BEGIN TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE AND WORK ON IT LATER. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TIME TO COMPLETE APPLICATION IN ONE SITTING***
Lakeland Community College is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Lakeland Community College is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If your disability requires special accommodation to participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human Resources Office at 440-525-7555.