- 31 Oct 2019
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Corporate Careers
Oxxford Clothes, a subsidiary of Tom James Company, is a premier designer and maker of luxury suits, sport coats, and trousers for top men’s specialty stores and Tom James Company under the Oxxford and Tom James Company brands. Oxxford is recognized as a fashion leader worldwide.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Manager to supervise our accounting department located at our factory in Chicago, Illinois, very close to Midway airport.
Role & Responsibilities
Top applicants will display the desire and ability to supervise a small accounting department. Job responsibilities include:
- Execute monthly close journal entries
- Analyze and explain drivers of margin and cost variances
- Perform monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure controllership and accuracy in all cost and revenue transactional processes
- Review and resolve issues identified in inventory transactions
- Coordinate and monitor standard costing and support product costing analysis
- Work with leaders at all levels to develop annual expense and capital budgets
- Support process improvement projects including proactive identification of opportunities, challenging of the status quo and generating innovative ideas.
- Support leadership with standard and ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Objective, data-driven critical thinker
- Credible; able to develop strong relationships within the team and leaders across departments
- Self-managed: Acceptance of personal responsibility for results and own success, requires limited management oversight
- This position would suit someone with experience from 5 to 9 years working in general ledger accounting.
- Strong basic accounting skills. Experience in budgeting, financial controls and procedures, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, inventory including costing, controlling costs, billing are all useful.
- Good follow through and attention to detail. Organized. Discovers and solves problems.
- Flexible, willing to handle multiple duties and responsibilities.
- Good Excel skills. AS400 computer skills are a plus.
- Works well with people, enjoys being part of a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook and Word.
- Located in a business area adjacent to Midway
Benefits: Medical, dental, paid holidays, PTO (paid time off), 401(K)
An offer of employment will be contingent on the applicant successfully passing a background check.
THIS ORGANIZATION PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
We are an EEO Employer.
For consideration, qualified applicants must reply with:
1) Cover letter