Part-time Faculty: Dental Assisting Instructor
- Kirtland, Ohio, United States
- Faculty - Part Time Positions
Part-time Faculty: Dental Assisting Program at Lakeland Community College is recruiting two adjunct faculty to teach Infection Control and Radiography courses during Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 sessions.
Infection control is scheduled for the first session of summer, which begins May 22 to June 27 with courses scheduled to be Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
Radiography is scheduled for the 2nd summer session and those courses will be on Tuesday and Thursday morning.
The Chairside II will be in the fall is for 16 weeks and that course will be on Friday mornings.
Candidate needs current certifications or current licensure for dentistry.
Certified Dental Assistants or Registered Dental Hygienist with assisting background is needed.
Teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Provides instruction of lectures and demonstrates a chairside practice.
- Guides students through a specialties practice.
- Performs evaluation of student techniques for grades and competency.
- Exhibits patience and a positive attitude to establish an encouraging learning environment.
- Assists with the maintenance and cleanliness of the dental clinic and classroom.
- Responsible for set up of the specialties and procedures in the hygiene clinic.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of chairside concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to diagnose and facilitate minor equipment repairs.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree or working on a bachelor’s degree
- Previous teaching experience is a plus
- Dental assisting certification is a plus
Teaching responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom/lab environment with the employee intermittently sitting at chairside, taking radiographs, instrument transfer of specialty instruments, and specialty procedures.
COMPENSATION: Part-time faculty earn $769/unit of load. Please visit our website to review Lakeland’s Benefits for Adjunct Faculty, including information on paid leave, professional development, partial fee waiver, employee assistance program and more.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply via the College’s Human Resources webpage. Please be prepared to do the following:
- Complete all questions in the application*
- Attach a cover letter and current resume
- Submit unofficial transcripts
- Attach First Aid and CPR certification
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*To avoid difficulties when submitting your application, be sure your web browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) is updated to the latest version and allow yourself sufficient time to complete the application since you WILL NOT be able to save a partially completed application and work on it later.
Lakeland Community College is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Lakeland Community College is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If your disability requires special accommodation to participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human Resources Office at 440-525-7555.